Dirtworks, a locally owned and family operated business, offers an extensive range of services to commercial and residential customers throughout Cape Cod and Southeastern Massachusetts. One job at a time, we have earned our impeccable reputation by delivering exceptional workmanship and going the extra mile to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Owner and operator Mike Escher launched Dirtworks in 1991 with little more than a dream, a willingness to work hard and a commitment to quality. At first, Escher handled most jobs using labor-intensive handwork on small parking lots and residential driveways. It was two years before he could purchase a skid steer loader, and an additional two years would pass before the company had an asphalt paver.
Throughout those early years, Escher focused on growing the business and expanding his team. He dedicated himself to learning everything he could about the industry — most evenings were spent reading paving magazines instead of watching television or engaging in other recreational activities. As he added employees, he shared with them everything that he had learned and emphasized that the acquisition of knowledge was a never-ending journey.
As Dirtworks grew, Escher was able to implement a strategic plan to diversify the company. Although the company remains focused primarily on the installation, repair and maintenance of asphalt pavement, Escher has expanded the business to offer excavation, demolition, snow removal and landscaping services.
After more than 20 years in the industry, Escher still employs the same dedication to his customers. Every customer is treated with respect, every call from a potential customer is answered and every customer receives the same extraordinary attention to detail. To Escher, no job is more important than the one that is underway — no matter how small and simple or large and complex it might be.
The Services We Offer
At Dirtworks, we have the experience, equipment, training and skills to handle a wide variety of tasks. Here are some of the services we offer.
• Asphalt Paving: We can replace an existing pavement, install an asphalt overlay or build an entirely new pavement. From residential driveways and parking lots to highways and city streets, we can provide you with a pavement that will be durable, attractive and cost-effective.
• Asphalt Repairs: Timely repairs of cracks, potholes and other pavement damage can prolong the life of your pavement. Breaks in the pavement can allow water to reach the base, destabilizing it and leading to costly repairs.
• Sealcoating: Sealcoating is a highly effective and economical way to obtain the longest life possible for your asphalt pavement. It also enhances the aesthetic appeal of the pavement.
• Parking Lot Striping: A freshly striped and marked parking lot is visually appealing, but it also safer and less confusing.
• Site Work: If you need raw land cleared and graded, a septic system installed, a cellar hole excavated, trenches dug for the installation of utilities or an access road constructed, you need site work services from Dirtworks.
• Dirt Road Repair: Dirt roads can quickly become impassable or hazardous. We can regrade your dirt road and help correct any drainage issues.
• Reclamation: Full-depth reclamation is a technique used as a cost-effective alternative to traditional removal and replacement.
• Milling: Asphalt milling allows the precision removal of existing asphalt pavement. It can remove a few millimeters or the entire pavement, including its subbase. Milling can help correct drainage problems, refine transitions, correct surface imperfections or ensure better results when an overlay is being installed.
• Snow Removal: Winter weather can take a toll on your asphalt pavement. Allowing unskilled or inexperienced workers to clear snow and ice from your pavement can make the price even dearer.
The Areas and Customers We Serve
Dirtworks serves Cape Cod and Southeastern Massachusetts, including the towns of Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Chatham, Dennis, Eastham, Falmouth, Harwich, Hyannis, Mashpee, Orleans, Osterville, Plymouth, Provincetown, Sandwich, Truro, Wareham, Wellfleet and Yarmouth. We also serve customers located in rural areas.
We provide our services to residential and commercial clients. Our customer base includes homeowners, municipalities and counties, property managers, office buildings and complexes, HOAs, apartments, hotels, subdivisions, religious institutions, hotels, health care facilities, restaurants, educational facilities and entertainment venues.
Experience the Dirtworks Difference
If you need a reliable, experienced, ethical contractor who will prioritize your best interests, contact Dirtworks. You can obtain a free quote by completing the online form or calling 508-240-5541.