Property Management & Office Buildings
Whether you manage a sprawling office park, a high-rise office building or any other type of commercial property, you bear many responsibilities. You are responsible for attracting and retaining good tenants, ensuring that the property’s assets are properly protected, managing a budget, ensuring the safety of all who visit your property and maintaining the property’s curb appeal. When you need help, you are responsible for finding a credible contractor to assist you.
Property Management & Office Buildings – The Importance of the Contractor You Select
A good contractor should be willing to accommodate the needs of your tenants whenever possible. This may mean performing work on weekends or holidays to minimize disruptions, breaking large projects into phases to keep selected areas open at certain times and keeping the lines of communication open so that you and your tenants will have advance notice regarding the work that will be performed. Dirtworks understands the challenges you face, and we are willing to do everything that is within our power to assist you.
Typical Services Provided to Commercial Property Managers
Dirtworks offers a full line of asphalt paving and excavation services as well as a variety of miscellaneous services. Following are some of the services that are typically requested for office parks and commercial buildings.
• Asphalt Paving: Dirtworks can replace your existing pavement with long-lasting, economical asphalt pavement. We can also handle all phases involved in constructing a new pavement. In some situations, we may be able to install an overlay that can help you obtain several more years of life from an existing pavement.
• Asphalt Repairs: Despite its resiliency and durability, asphalt pavement will be unable to obtain its maximum life without critical repairs. Any type of break in the pavement can provide water with a path to the foundation’s base. The water can damage the base and destabilize the pavement, resulting in extensive damage. If water remains trapped beneath the pavement, the freeze/thaw cycle will exacerbate the damage.
• Sealcoating: When fresh sealcoating is applied periodically, the life of an asphalt pavement can often be twice the life of an unprotected pavement. Sealants block damaging UV rays and protect against damage caused by oil, gasoline and other automotive fluids. In addition, sealcoating freshens the pavement’s color.
• Asphalt Milling: Minor damage, bumpy transitions and drainage issues are examples of problems that can often be corrected with asphalt milling. Milling can also be used to remove asphalt pavement or to remove the pavement and the foundation. Asphalt milling can save you money as well as time.
• Asphalt Reclamation: Asphalt reclamation is an environmentally friendly, economical and effective alternative to traditional rehabilitation methods. The damaged pavement — and the foundation, if necessary — is crushed in place, reinstalled and topped with an overlay. Reclamation is usually faster and less expensive than traditional methods.
• Parking Lot Striping: A well-maintained parking lot makes a good impression on prospective and current tenants as well as their clients. Making sure that your parking lot complies with the ADA, has the necessary pavement markings to eliminate confusion and offers a safe environment for drivers and pedestrians can also help you avoid potential claims for damages or injuries.
• Snow Removal: If your access road or parking lot is covered in snow, clients and employees of your tenants may be placed at risk of injury. Heavy accumulations may prevent access, resulting in an economic loss for your tenants. Professional snow removal can help shield you from potential liabilities and improve relationships with your tenants.
• Site Work: Dirtworks offers a complete line of site work. Whether you need grading, excavations, berm construction or any other type of site work, we can help.
Whether you manage one office building or many commercial properties, you can count on Dirtworks for all the services discussed above. With more than 20 years of experience and an exemplary reputation built on superior work and exceptional customer service, we are the premier paving and excavation company serving Cape Cod and Southeastern Massachusetts. If you would like to request a free estimate, you can use the online form to submit your information or call (508) 240-5541.