Whether you call it bitumen, macadam or asphalt, the lustrous black pavement is as perfect for residential asphalt properties as it is for busy highways. Compared to concrete, asphalt pavement is less expensive and faster to install and maintain. However, homeowners need to make sure that they are dealing with a dependable, experienced, honest contractor — such as Dirtworks.
Residential Asphalt | The Importance of Your Contractor
Reputable contractors carry insurance to cover their employees and their vehicles, including liability insurance. They use quality materials and proven techniques to make sure that the results meet or exceed your expectations. In the unlikely event that a problem develops, they will stand behind their work. As a family owned company, Dirtworks understands the importance of giving your family our very best.
Typical Services Provided for Residential Properties
At Dirtworks, we know that you take pride in your property. We always take steps to safeguard your landscaping, structures and vehicles as well as the safety of your family and visitors. Every homeowner has different needs, but the list below covers the services that we frequently perform at residential properties.
• Driveway Paving: Whether you need a typical suburban driveway or a long, sweeping, circular drive, we can help. We can build a driveway on undeveloped land or replace your current one with beautiful, durable asphalt pavement. We also install asphalt overlays.
• Asphalt Paving: Asphalt is not just for driveways. Asphalt pavement makes an ideal surface for backyard tennis courts and basketball courts. It is also perfect for walkways and bike paths.
• Asphalt Repairs: Occasionally, asphalt pavement will need to be repaired. When cracks or other pavement breaks occur, it is important to seek timely, professional repairs. If the breaks are neglected, the pavement’s supporting foundation can be compromised, resulting in the premature failure of the pavement.
• Asphalt Sealcoating: Periodic applications of sealcoating can help ensure a longer life for your asphalt pavement. Sealants offer substantial protection from the damage caused by the sun, petroleum-based automotive fluids and corrosive chemicals. In addition, sealants give asphalt pavement a deeper color and smoother texture.
• Asphalt Milling: In basic terms, milling is the controlled removal of asphalt pavement to a defined depth. The technique can be used to correct drainage, address superficial damage to the pavement or ensure a quality bond between an overlay and the existing pavement. It can also be used to eliminate a rough bump where a driveway connects to the street.
• Asphalt Reclamation: Asphalt driveways are typically ideal candidates for in-place reclamation. When the pavement has become too damaged or destabilized to save, it can be pulverized and incorporated into the mix to replace the pavement. Reclamation is usually less expensive and faster than the remove-and-replace technique.
• Dirt Road Repair: Water is a dirt road’s greatest enemy. Even a moderate rain can transform a dirt road that has inadequate drainage into an impassable, deeply rutted trail of mud. Regrading can help resolve drainage issues and restore your road to functionality.
• Snow Removal: If you have a long driveway or private access road, you know how quickly drifting snow can block your passage. Snow removal can be a time-consuming, hazardous task when attempted without the proper equipment. Furthermore, it is possible to damage your pavement if the proper steps are not taken.
• Site Work: Whether you are building a new home or need work performed on your current property, Dirtworks can help. We offer a full range of site work, including the installation of septic systems, excavations for swimming pools, the clearing of undeveloped land, site grading and the construction of driveways, access roads and walkways. We also build terraces and berms.
For over two decades, Dirtworks has provided residential asphalt paving to homeowners in the Cape Cod and Southeastern Massachusetts region with extraordinary customer service, exemplary quality and reasonable prices. To request a free estimate, you can either call our office at (508) 240-5541 or submit our online quote request.